A blog can help any website, but especially for B2B SaaS companies. It offers a depth of information that needs to be sustained over time and offers a level of connection that goes far beyond the downloadable business card.
Of course, a blog is not a requirement for an engaging website; there are plenty of beautiful sites out there without them. But if your company blog is good enough, it will be the most trafficked part of your website.
Your content will become the most visible, searchable part of your site—it will drive more traffic than anything else you’ve got. But also, because your blog content is easily shareable—on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn—it builds an online community that can then be engaged with further from there.
Blogging is a Great Way to Make Your Company More Personal
A blog is not a brochure; it’s not a static page of text or an image with some copy under it. On the contrary, most people feel more connected to blogs than they do static content.
But blogging also helps your team come across as human. It shows that you’re run by people, not a faceless corporation.
And as Seth Godin says: “People buy from other people.”
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Domain length – Blogging sites have domain names that are short, simple, and easy to remember.
- Number of monthly blog posts – Search engines love new content so update per day/week
- Text density – The best blogs have a text density of around 3% or less
- The bonus features – Some blog sites offer extra little features like social media integration, custom fonts and styles, photo captions and etc.
- The topic categories – If you’re out of topic, it can be hard to get traffic. Categories that include a wide variety of related blog posts are the best.
- The posting frequency – B2B sites that offer daily updates may get more traffic than weekly or monthly posts. If you can’t keep up with the posting schedule, pick a different category site.
These are things to consider as well as the blog post topics and text density.
Note: The best B2B blogging platforms usually offer all of these features and more, allowing b2b SaaS businesses to have a thriving blog that helps reach their business goals. Scriptogr.am is a good example of a well-rounded blogging platform.
5 Most Effective Examples of B2B SaaS Website
Business to business (B2B) means any exchange that occurs between two businesses, or between a business and a consumer. In terms of a website, a B2B site/website is one that caters specifically towards businesses–whether they be manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, etc. Like their B2C counterparts, B2B websites generally have very specific goals that they want to accomplish.
A B2C might be a retailer that wants to increase sales or a manufacturer that wants to do internet marketing for a new product launch. However, the difference is in the products/services being offered and potentially the demographics of those who would use them.
Therefore, a B2B website is very likely selling products and/or services to other businesses such as computer parts or office furniture. It’s important that these websites create an effective online presence because the business-to-business market is typically more competitive than B2C markets.
So now you know what a B2B website is, but what are some examples of effective B2B websites? Here are 5 examples that have done a great job at establishing their online presence. Again, these sites may or may not be selling products and services to other businesses as well as consumers (the line can sometimes blur).
This site does an amazing job at marketing its products. The home page has a sleek banner that includes the name of the company, Dell, as well as their tagline which is, “Powerful Productivity.” This is followed by several images of the latest technology they are offering for sale including laptops, desktops, and tablets. One section to note in particular is labeled, “Amazon’s Choice.” This section includes a screenshot of an Amazon page where they are selling Dell products and the highly-rated/most-sold items. This is a great way to showcase their online reputation as well as offer customers the convenience of purchasing from Amazon.
This site makes it easy for visitors to purchase their software. The first thing that jumps out is the three options for download on their home page: PC, Mac, or mobile/online. This makes it easy to find what you are looking for quickly–and Microsoft excels at having a clean navigation bar where they can keep adding new products without cluttering the design of the site.
Lenovo’s goal is to make computing accessible for everyone and their website does a great job of displaying that. A lot of their products are towards the bottom of the home page with an easy-to-read format such as, “3 in 1s” (shown below) or “Best Sellers.” This way people can easily find what they are looking for and understand why it’s an effective product rather than browsing through individual products.
Bostitch Office Supply does a good job of advertising their office supplies as well as demonstrating their value to customers by including comparisons such as “For the same price” or “you save $246.” This is a great way to encourage potential customers to make quick and easy comparisons so they can feel confident in their decision to buy from Bostitch Office Supply rather than another site. Another effective method of marketing is having “What’s New” and “Hot Deals” where items are highlighted at the top of home page.
Staples is the most efficient way to shop for office supplies. This site uses a similar approach to Bostitch where they have listings of “New Deals” and “Hot Deals.” They also include what’s new in their top banner which helps capture people who are just browsing or looking for something specific. It might be worth noting that Staples includes their main navigation bar across the top. This is an effective way to keep visitors within the site and always make it easy for them to find what they are looking for.
All of these B2B websites do a good job at establishing an online presence in their industry by clearly displaying what products/services they offer, who would use them, and why they are worth buying. This is just a small sample of what B2B websites have to offer, but it should provide some insight into how effective these sites can be for business owners.
5 Facts of B2B Saas Website:
As a business owner, you have to focus on increasing your customer base. As a result, you will be launching new products and services for your clients to make them remember your services for a long time.
However, you cannot ignore the importance of having an impressive B2B website design.
It is the primary reason why you are investing in pay-per-click advertising, content marketing, or social media marketing. So that potential customers can find you online and make the first move to reach you.
- Your website must be designed in a way that can fulfill all those needs and convert visitors into paying customers.
- You need to make sure that your website design can also impress B2B prospects and make them contact you directly.
Redesigning your existing website or launching a new one for B2B Marketing can be an expensive proposition. It will cost you a fortune if you hire a web development firm to do the job.
Furthermore, they will build your new website on HTML5, the latest coding language. However, this might not be the best choice for B2B companies because it is expensive to maintain and update when compared to other traditional coding languages.
We will discuss some important facts that can help you with a successful B2B saas website design.
1. More Focus on Mobile-Friendly Design
If you are launching a website for B2B clients, then your first impression is the most important thing. Once your website is live, you will see visitors flocking to your website and watching its design closely to make sure that it meets their needs.
As a result, you better make sure that your website can be viewed on any desktop or mobile device without any problem.
- According to research from Google, more than half of its searches are now coming from mobile devices.
- You need to make sure your website is 100% responsive and looks amazing on every device.
Note: This will not only increase your conversion rates but also improve the overall brand value of your company.
2. Prospects Don’t Like to Scroll too Much
If you are offering B2B products and services, then you better make sure that your website is designed in a way that doesn’t demand too much scrolling. B2B prospects are not interested in your website if they have to scroll too much to find their way around your website.
- Clients and potential customers need relevant information quickly and within no time. If you force them to scroll down your website for more than 5 minutes, then they will simply leave your website and look for a better alternative.
- According to Search Engine Journal, one of the top reasons why users leave a website is because they have to scroll too much.
So, what is your website’s bounce rate? If you are not sure, then do some research on Google and check the bounce rates of your website.
Note: If you find that more than 75% of users are leaving your website in the first 5 minutes, then it is time to improve your website’s design and add more relevant content so that it can increase conversions.
3. Mobile Optimization is a Must
We have already discussed the importance of designing a B2B saas website that can be accessed on any device. However, not only the desktop version but the mobile version is equally important.
The same research from Google shows that more than 50% of searches are coming from mobile devices. This means if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, then you are missing a big market.
- According to research from Forrester, the conversion rate of mobile users is 26% higher when compared to desktop users.
This means you will increase your conversion rates if you allow prospects to see your B2B website on their mobile devices.
Note: So, it is important to make sure your website is 100% responsive and looks great on every screen.
4. Clean Code is a Must
As a B2B marketer, it will be your responsibility to make sure that your website has clean code. This means if you hire a developer for your B2B company website, make sure they follow the coding guidelines from W3C.
- According to Forrester, 48% of visitors who use the internet at least once a month are turning away if they find any website is cluttered with code.
- According to Search Engine Journal, if your website contains broken images, broken links, and unorganized content, then there is a big possibility that users will leave your website.
Keep in mind that your B2B target audience is not only composed of companies but small business owners as well. They are too short on time to spend on a cluttered website.
Note: This is the reason why you should always go for clean code with relevant images and content so that your B2B website can attract more visitors and eventually improve your company’s brand value.
5. Get a Proven B2B Website Design
If you want to make sure your B2B website is designed according to the latest trends and industry standards, then don’t try DIY design.
There are thousands of freelance web designers and WordPress developers who will offer you a cheap website design. But keep in mind that a cheap website design will only hurt your company’s website as it can be full of bugs and errors.
- According to research from Forrester, 70% of users leave a website if they find it is not working properly.
- When developing a B2B website, you should take help from an expert who can design your company’s website in a professional way.
Also, make sure the website design company has a good portfolio of B2B websites that you can check before finalizing them for your B2B website development project.
Note: Finally, if you want your B2B website to be designed by the best web design company, then don’t forget to check the current trends and technologies before you give a final offer.
These were some important factors that can help you to get the best out of your B2B website design.
Tips for optimizing your blog:
- Ensure that you are using BOTH Images and Videos in your posts to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Search engines love both images and videos within Blogs, so make sure they’re included. Audiences love BOTH as well, so keep them in mind as you’re writing.
- Write BOLD Headlines that catch the eye and make people want to read more! Make it interesting enough to be shared on social media too – Banners with images tend to get shared a lot more than those without, so BOOST your SEO by including BOTH Banners and Bold Headlines.
- Do not forget to pick out some great keywords that will help people find you in search engines like Google – We want MOUTHS TO WATER when they BOOST by Bizzabo, so make sure you BOOST your SEO with BOLD headlines!
All these websites are rated among the top b2b sites in 2018. They made their way into this list because of great design, better ease of navigation, great product offering and offers a pleasant experience to the customer.
I hope this post helped you with inspiration from some of the top B2B companies around.
If you know any other notable websites that offer great design, share them in the comments section below!
- Check out the Top 50 Questions that you must ask your web design company before hiring them